Friday, January 30, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

I don't know how often it's happened that a first-time pairing has won. But, I mean, you get two great players playing together, I think a big part of it is me and Lucie are really good friends. Communication's huge. Whether we were down in a match, up in a match, we were having fun. I think that helps teams really play well.
Bethanie Mattek-Sands

What is the most fun part playing with this creative, crazy American?
Pressure. No, I think like that's a great person. I really enjoyed all two weeks.
Lucie Safarova

You've been on the tour for so long. What do you really love about this game? What drives you crazy? What do you hate?
What do I love? I mean, I can't say I love rehab and all that kind of stuff. You know, you do all that and you train hard for the moments like today. I mean, you want to go out there and play your game. Obviously we know we're in a final, but you kind of get past that and you love to play tennis. You love to come up with shots. I like those big-pressure moments. Okay, I'm going to cross; I'm going to take a chance. I like taking chances. That's kind of my game. I'm aggressive. I'm not afraid to do that. You get those big moments where it's tight in the tiebreaker, you call a big play. To me that's what makes tennis exciting.
Bethanie Mattek-Sands

What are we talking about tea time?
Mattek-Sands:We had tea time in the locker room every morning before the warmup or the match. We would get our Earl Grey.
Safarova: Chillin.'

No comments: