Thursday, January 29, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

She hits a very, very hard ball, but she also hits it very deep. So it's a little different trying to prepare for that. But, yeah, so I wasn't ready really for that.
Serena Williams

You need a little bit more to believe that you can be in the final.
Ekaterina Makarova

You're going to be playing someone who is either a bit sick or a bit injured. How do you feel?
I feel good, thank you.
Maria Sharapova

In terms of this run, what pleased you the most inside yourself?
I think just handling the moment is probably what I'm most happy about. I think at times it got a little overwhelming in the fact that I was able to manage and do so well and able to get through that is what I'm most happy about.
Madison Keys

 What do you remember about the last time you lost to her? Do you remember?
Yeah. She was 17, super young, and I think I was basically underhand serving. It was in L.A.
Serena Williams, discussing Sharapova

How is your confidence against her?
I think my confidence should be pretty high going into a final of a Grand Slam no matter who I'm facing against and whether I've had a terrible record, to say the least, against someone. It doesn't matter. I got there for a reason. I belong in that spot. I will do everything I can to get the title.
Maria Sharapova

What's so different playing a quarterfinals to a semifinals? Is it a physical thing? Dealing with everything around it? The emotions?
Yeah, I think it's more emotions, more psychology working at this level, these matches. It's definitely not even more tennis, more the head.
Ekaterina Makarova

No comments: