Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

Why don't you like watching yourself?
I don't know. Sometimes I just feel like I have better things to do.
Maria Sharapova

What is it you felt swung things in that key point of the third set?
Well, I didn't feel anything. I just had to win just another point or something.
Alexandra Panova
 
I played much better than first round tonight, so I'm happy with this. I am more aggressive and I served very well tonight. I played fast. I stayed very close to the baseline.
Simona Halep

...I just really tried to take it a point at a time, think positively, and change my thought process a little bit. When other things aren't working, maybe the mental side of things will help you out. I think in the end maybe that's what did.
Maria Sharapova

You seemed to have a little trouble with the twirl.
With the what?
Twirl.
It was very unexpected. I mean, yeah, I don't know. An old guy asking you to twirl, it was funny.
I guess Serena did it.
Well, Serena is good at her twirls. She does them all the time.
Genie Bouchard

2 comments:

shalini said...

An old guy asking you to twirl is not funny it's sexist and absurd. I hope someone will ask Milos Raonic to twirl.

Diane said...

Agreed.