Monday, August 25, 2014

U.S. Open--what they said

Honestly, I have won slams where I didn't feel like I was playing my best. I have won when I felt like
I wasn't prepared. I felt like I lost when I thought I was playing amazing.
Venus Williams

She kind of plays all over the place...It was very difficult for me.
Andrea Petkovic, referring to Ons Jabeur

Have you been to the Bronx or what is the idea behind the shirt?
It's an Under Armour shirt. Every day I'm going to wear a different New York shirt just because I'm cool like that.
Sloane Stephens

She wins the points she's supposed to win, and then she wins some she's not supposed to win.
Martina Navratilova, referring to Simona Halep

What was it like to have the stadium behind you?
Oh, it was awesome. I have never played at that level and I have never played in a stadium like that. It was amazing. I mean, I could get used to that.
 
Do you ever feel old out there?
Not yet.
Venus Williams

I want to enjoy this, but it's not easy.
Simona Halep

No comments: