Friday, July 4, 2014

Wimbledon--what they said

Eugenie Bouchard has more poise than the most poised person on Poised Day on Planet Poised.
Kate Battersby

We’re more aggressive. We’re trying to do different things that last year we didn’t try. We have to be much more aggressive and change a bit our normal game that we are playing on other surfaces.
Sara Errani

Kvitova's left-handed serve, especially since the Venus match, has really gotten to a new level.
Pam Shriver 

Can you tell us why?
I'm sure you guys can figure that one out.
No, I can't. Why?
I'll leave it at that.
Eugenie Bouchard, on the end of her friendship with Laura Robson

Conditions were really terrible out there, really windy, even more in doubles...you really have to be precise, and go for other serves, and go for clean winners and be ready at the net. And that’s what I think we did really well.
Kristina Mladenovic
 
...Bouchard clearly is impatient to get on with the next step of winning her first major, so she can go on to win her second, third and tenth.
Carl Bialik

I think it's going to be tough battle. Definitely I had a few already, so I know how it feels and what I can expect...I really have to be focusing on everything and try to push her.
Petra Kvitova

No comments: