Friday, September 2, 2011

U.S. Open--what they said

...I'm enjoying playing tough matches, but then those tough moments, I really feel like that's where I'm able to produce my best tennis.
Vera Zvonareva

We're just laughing on court half the time. There's no pressure or expectations on us when we go out there.
Jessica Pegula

When she double faulted to begin the final--  
I was happy.
How much confidence did you take from that?
Well, not too much confidence, but I was happy.
Flavia Pennetta

I just want to have the chance to use the challenge system!
Taylor Townsend

For me, if I want to go all the way, I have to beat anyone on my way. So it doesn't really matter, because, you know, there are so many tough opponents right now. You cannot just talk about Venus right now or Serena. There is Maria, there is Caroline, there is, I don't know, Francesca, there is, I don't know, so many. Just name them. I wish all of them to be playing. That creates a great competition, and in the end, whoever is going to win is going to be champion. I think that's great to see.
Vera Zvonareva

It's disappointing.  It's disappointing to lose in the middle of nowhere. It's disappointing to lose in New York. Losing isn't fun for anyone because we work to win. We don't work to try to lose. So when we're faced with a position where, you know, we can win and we didn't in the end, it's tough.  But it's all right.
Maria Sharapova

Obviously the volleys are getting better with me playing doubles. So I'm feeling more and more comfortable at the net.
Sabine Lisicki

Your coach...looked like he was having a heart attack at the end of that third set.
He's always having a heart attack with me. For him, it's normal.
Flavia Pennetta

1 comment:

online shopping said...

Thank you for this post, really worthwhile data.