Thursday, September 1, 2011

U.S. Open--what they said

It's wrapped because I have to run every time, too much.
Francesca Schiavone, referring to her leg

Good thing there's only four sides to this court.
Martina Navratilova, on the length of Petkovic's post-match dance

She moves her feet, I think, better than anyone on tour, to be honest.
Serena Williams, on Victoria Azarenka

...the problem is I don't have constant pain. I just have a sharp pain every like four or five games. That's even worse, because after that I have like two or three games where I get off my game because I'm not moving well because I'm scared to go into the corners. It's not that bad, actually.  The pain comes, you know, and the time until the pain comes gets wider and wider, which is a good sign. But still when it comes I'm scared and I start not running. You know, I am hesitating to run, and then I lose a few games very fast because I'm not moving well. It's just a mindset, I think.  I'm trying to work on it, but it's not easy because obviously it's the injured knee, and so I'm always more scared than normal.
Andrea Petkovic

What treatment beyond massage? Electric stimulation?
I don't know. That's like the physio stuff to do. Okay, guys, I'm gonna tell you all these things.  Oh, the massage with this they do that, pull my finger. I don't know. That's their job to do....I do my job and the physios do theirs.
Jelena Jankovic

Petko is prime time and there is no city more prime time than New York.
Courtney Nguyen

Do you prefer one (French or U.S.) over the other?
Ay, when I will win, I will tell you the difference and which one I prefer.
Francesca Schiavone

So you were sometimes dismissive of some of the questions when we asked about what the meaning of that really incredible incident here was. I know it was a couple years ago, but can you talk about what you learned from this really incredible incident here?
Actually, I can't. I'm so over it. You should be, too.
Well, it's not about me. 
Well, then you can talk about it maybe with some of the journalists. Gosh, that was like so long ago. I've died basically and come back and nobody's really writing or thinking about that.
Serena Williams

1 comment:

www.ciudad-real-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there is really much effective info above!