Friday, June 24, 2011

Wimbledon--what they said

I think they'll keep getting stronger, mentally and physically. And I put Sharapova right up there with them. I don't think anyone else has a shot.
Chris Evert, on the Williams sisters

I'm really glad that I stayed so composed....
Victoria Azarenka, commenting on the rain delay

Everyone should play on Court 2.
Venus Williams, responding to a question about the schedule

Obviously Caroline would be quite an opponent in the third round if that's the way it works out.
...It's still grass, so anything can happen....
Jarmila Gajdosova

How did you do in  Wimbledon '11? "Oh, was a great year, got deep into the second week!" Semis? "No, second round doubles!"
Alla Kudryavtseva, victim of rain delays

I've played her before on the grass, so I thought my best bet was to make sure I took the net away from her. It worked out really well.
Venus Williams

If there anything you'd like to ask Martina (Navratilova), who won Wimbledon nine times?
Maybe if I were (to) get to final, I'll ask.
Petra Kvitova

I just had a black day.
Andrea Petkovic

I started off really slowly and she started off really well.
Maria Sharapova

Are they lying?

Of course they are.
Chris Evert, on players denying they look at the draw

No comments: