Sunday, April 17, 2011

Passing shots

The WTA site has a feature story on Patty Schnyder's emotional farewell in Charleston.

Francesca Schiavone has withdrawn from Stuttgart because of exhaustion. Yanina Wickmayer has also withdrawn, in order to give her knee some rest.

"I’m a younger player with not as much experience and I played some stupid things," Bojana Jovanovski said of her Fed Cup loss to Dominika Cibulkova.

Bethanie Mattek-Sands reports that competitive shooting is her latest interest.

You know about her skills with a soccer ball, but here, you can learn even more about Sara Errani.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what's the story with Francesca. She is still in the draw and WTA twitter was reporting that she is practicing and not withdrawing. Do you know anything more? I know she is not scheduled to play until at least Wed, but she couldn't possibly wait that long to withdraw officially, right?

Diane said...

I don't understand, either. She has been complaining of exhaustion for weeks now, so it didn't surprise me to read that she had withdrawn from Stuttgart. Maybe the news report was wrong? Or maybe she changed her mind. I'm as puzzled as you are; I can't imagine she would wait any longer to withdraw from the tournament.

Anonymous said...

I was joking that she is exhausted from playing Agnieszka Radwanska and she must have heard about my twit and decided "enough is enough"....